infozone forum gallery sitemap

first back forward last one level up

hey guys!! (2/26)

Pellecchia Serena

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Language: English

Topic:

Angela

well, I think Gracey has the right to search her own identity and to spend time with people "like her", but I also think that she exaggerates sometimes. I don't like Rhonda's character, either. I mean, she hates Angela from the very first moment she saw her, only because she's withe.. like every white person would be a fanatic racist and against Aborigines. I do understand her, somehow, but she should really try to be more flexible and to consider also the fact that there ARE some white people that actually feel SORRY. My favourite character is Angela, by the way... :D see you tomorrow

4 Comments

1 Comment from Bulzomi' Nicole

20-12-2010 4:21 pm

Hi Sere :)
I feel sorry for Gracey, Rhonda and all the other Aborigines but I think if a sympathetic person like Angela wants to help them, they should accept that and don´t think that she doesn´t understand their situation.

Gracey forgets Angela because of Rhonda... It´s clear that Rhonda understands Gracey´s situation better than Angela, but you can´t treat Angela like this... She always TRIES to help her, but she doesn´t get a chance.

I hate when people judge other people from the very first moment. Not all whites are bad people and not all Aborigines are poor and have a bad education. Nobody has the right to generalise.

I loved this book and I absolutely want to read the second book.:)

PS: If I was Angela, I would kill Jarred... he kissed Gracey... and his excuse is: she needed affection ??!!! Angela is too good sometimes... I would throw him into a pot with hot oil !! >.<

See you tomorrow... :))

2 Comment from Auer Tanja

20-12-2010 8:30 pm

Hey guys :D

3 Comment from Auer Tanja

20-12-2010 8:50 pm

Sry that i have to divide my comment but i am only able to go to the internet with my mobile phone...>.< however..

I agree with the most things you both mentioned..

Serena i think you're right with your opinion about rhonda haines whose behaviour was'nt correct when she met angela for the first time. While rhonda showed to angela that she didn't like her angela tried to be friendly and have a conversation..on the other hand if you know the reason why they feel like that against the white you can understand it maybe a little bit... I don't know if i could compare this with our situation in southtyrol where also many "tiroler" (how do i say that in english? Tyrolians?...) are against the italian..those reasons are also based on events happened in the past (second world war...torture, injustice...)..okay sorry maybe is that inappropriate..
However..
This book shows us the prejudices which people have in australia. Are it the prejudices of aborigines toward/against the white but also in the reverse case.
I didn't knew that those problems are still present today.

I can feel with angela. I think its really hard to understand graceys and the others (people with an aboriginal heritage) feelings because the white people aren't in their situation..

4 Comment from Auer Tanja

20-12-2010 8:56 pm

*wasn't

sorry about mistakes :)

Your comment

Captcha
to the top of page

punkt
close side bar

Login