first back forward last one level up

Gracey O.o (9/26)

Bazzoli Jolanda

Bazzoli Jolanda

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Language: English

Topic:

Angela

I have just finished reading the first part of the book...and Gracey seems very selfish to me.  It´s obvious that her culture it´s a great part of herself and that all that Aboriginal stuff like the "stolen generation", the oppression and the marches must be close to her heart...but there´s no need to get obsessed of it. Oo
I can understand why Angela doesn´t go on well with Rhonda -.-" ...I think me neither.  ;D

see you tomorrow (:

7 Comments

1 Comment from Gufler Andrea

13-12-2010 6:29 pm

G'Day Jolly...:)

You wrote that Gracey seems selfish to you, I agree with you...
I can understand, that she is proud to be an Aboriginal girl and so one...but sometimes she exaggerates a bit!
Although, Angela is very nice and helps her! for example she drove to Sydney and gave Gracey a lift, but Gracey didn't say that she wanted to visit her brother! Gracey only needed a lift to Sydney because she couldn't afford a taxi or a bus!
In my opinion Gracey only utilises her...?! what do you think?

Rhonda is really likeable, isn't she? :)

2 Comment from Bazzoli Jolanda

13-12-2010 8:17 pm

Hey Andyy :D
Yes its true. Gracy is full of self-pity because she´s so broke and "oppressed" by ALL white people...but it´s her fault in a way. Oh my good i can´t stand that sort of people that always fell sorry for herself xD In fact Angela´s parents didn´t boot her out (rausschmeissen ;D) SHE decided to move out although she knew that she wouldn´t have much money. ´Strange girl! Oo

Rhonda is a monster!! xD zum daknedln leimr xD

3 Comment from Gufler Andrea

14-12-2010 4:55 pm

Hey Jolly :D
we are having a nice conversation on this site aren't we?! :D the others are a bit inactive in my opinion...^^
No they didn't! In fact Angela's parents were really kind and nice to her!!! They have 3 own children and "adopted" Gracey anyway!!
Yeah, you're right...it was her own decision, I think she wanted to be independent and she was too proud to take money from the others...

Rhonda is the one who said to Gracey she should get rid of her best friend! Because she is white!!!!! o.O

4 Comment from Jolly (:

14-12-2010 10:31 pm

Yes, we are! ^^
Cheril treats Gracey like a daughter and Angela´s father (sorry i don´t remember the name^^) like her very much.
Gracey herself once said that Angela was like a siter she never had had.
Probably you´re right...Gracey is a proud girl...but if you are too proud....sometimes things can go wrong...how we can see on the basis of Gracey. ^^
In my opinion it´s a great pity for their long friendship and I really hope that they can find a way to forget this senseless political "fight".

5 Comment from Bulzomi' Nicole

15-12-2010 3:18 pm

("Inactive" bisch do selbor !! XD) I AM NOT inactive, my computer is dead; a virus killed it!! :(
I can't stand Rhonda neither, she seems so bigheaded and snobbish ( eingebildet + hochnäsig)... Maybe it's only my impression but I really don't like her... Perhaps if I continue reading my opinion will change!
But I like Jarred very much hehe xD I always imagine him as the typical beautiful, sporty and "macho"- boy ^^ What do you think about Jarred?

PS: I wondered that Angela's mother accepted that Gracey would live with Angela's family... I don't know if in reality it would be so easy... What do you think?

Bye bye girls ;)

6 Comment from Jolly (:

15-12-2010 4:09 pm

It´s a pity that your grandmother´s methods didn´t work this time :(
But now to the book (:
In my opinion Rhonda has never been treated well by white people and perhaps this is the reason why she can´t imagine that there also exist people like Angela and her family. People who don´t just look at your origin or the color of your skin.
But I think Rhonda could at least try to get to know Angela a little befor treating her like she´s wouldn´t be there.
I didn´t read much about Jarred yet, but he seems a kind boy to me. Like Viktoria already said he´s very nice and helpful. (:

I have never thought about that...but it has to be very difficult to support 4 children at once.

G´Day ^^

7 Comment from Gufler Andrea

15-12-2010 8:42 pm

hi nicky, welcome to our conversation ;D

oh, I didn't write about you my dear :D of course you aren't inactive...^^ ;D
your poor poor computer *giggle*

@jolly
yeah, the Aboriginal history stands between them in their friendship...like a wall I think and they cannot get over it!!
yes, being too proud isn't never good!
Angela's whole family accepts Gracey in a really extraordinary nice way!
I babysat much you know, I had to look after two children, and this wasn't a piece of cake...so you can imagine 2x2!! double work :/

yes, I am of your opinion...she had bad luck with withe people, but you can't throw all in one pot (verallgemeinen?!) I don't know if this german expression exists in english^^

@nicky
thank you verrrry much for your explanations darling :D so I don't have to look sth up xD great^^
no, you're opinion about Rhonda will even get worse I think... :/

PS: yeah, I wondered about this "adoption" too! I bet only 1 of 10 mothers would accept this?! because they have already 3 own children....

@jolly & nicky
Jarred....I like his character but I don't know about this appearance....he is sporty okay thats always good :D but I CAN'T STAND pony tails at boys!!!! NO GO for me.....I like long hair, but not too long...xD
you will see Jarred is nice to Gracey too..but I am not going to tell you why ;)^

G'Day and have fun with reading ;)

Your comment

Captcha
to the top of page

punkt
close side bar

Login